Terms and Conditions
The personal information that you provide will be handled by Swallowfield Scout Group in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. It will be used for the purposes of managing this year’s and future Swallowfield Road Races and Fun Runs, and letting you know about them. Your information will not be used for any other purpose and will not be disclosed to any other parties.
In order to join the event you must agree to the Declaration below.
Declaration: I agree to abide by the rules of the event and that the officials’ decision is final. I confirm that I have no medical disability that would endanger myself or others by taking part (and will not run if unfit on the day). Except in respect of any death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, for which the organisers do not seek to exclude or limit their liability, I understand that the organizers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness howsoever caused that I suffer as a result of my entering and participating in the race. I agree that during the race I will obey marshals’ instructions, keep to the left hand side of the road and not cross to the other side unless informed to do otherwise by an official. If I am entering the 10K or Duathlon I confirm I am over 15 years of age on the date of the Swallowfield 10+3 event.
I also agree that:
- I am fully responsible for my actions whilst attending the event.
- I will wear when cycling a suitably designed cycling specific helmet during the whole riding section of the event.
- My bike and all other equipment used in the cycle leg of the event is of a suitable standard and state of road worthiness.
- I understand that warning signs will be on the route at appropriate points on the route. Absence of these signs does not imply there are no dangers and I am responsible for my own safety and for not causing danger to others.
- By entering the event I consent to being captured in photography, audio and video recording and its release, publication, exhibition and reproduction to be used by 1st Swallowfield Scouts to report on the event and to promote future events. I also waive any rights or royalties in connection with this publication.
- I understand that in the unlikely event that 1st Swallowfield Scouts have to cancel the event I will be refunded the entry fee minus any booking fees incurred and that 1st Swallowfield Scouts will not be responsible for any payments for travel or accommodation.
- I will not pass my entry number to another person for them to compete in place of me, unless by prior arrangement with the organizers (see below).
The Swallowfield 10+3 is a charity event raising money for 1st Swallowfield Scouts and due to the costs we incur we do not provide refunds unless it is necessary for us to cancel the event. We will allow the entry to be transferred to another competitor provided we are informed at least seven days before race day. Do contact us via email [firstname.lastname@example.org].